Langsung ke konten utama

What's Your Dream City?


 "Kediri." I answered.
"HAHAHAHA" loud laughter sounded.

Second meeting with Sir Taufiq Effendy in speaking class was talked about our dream city.
Hello, fellas! I’m gonna share my experience about second meeting in speaking class with Mr. Taufiq. After I passed the first meeting, I thought that the next meeting would be more exciting. And it was true! On Thusrday morning, I printed out what I found from the internet: an article with 1000 words about my dream city, Kediri. I really don’t know why I chose that city. I went to campus at 7.15, my boarding house is beside campus buildings, so I walked slowly. Was my fault, I didn’t check class group, it informed that Sir Taufiq already came at 7.10 and I just knew at 7.25when I was already in the balcon. So I knock the door and entered the class quicly. Fortunately, just some people already in class with Sir Taufiq. They’re disscussing their dream city while I entering the room. Then came my turn, Mr. Taufiq asked  me about my dream city.
“What’s your name?”
“Agustin Wahyuni.” I answered.
“What’s your dream city?”
“Kediri.”
Then loud laughter sounded. As I imagined.
They laughing to me because my dream city is too simple. While the other students chose Paris, Birmingham, or Tokyo, why I just expected KEDIRI as my dream city. Kediri is besides with Jombang actually, so I just go there everytime I want. I understand why they laughed to me.
“’Why you choose Kediri? What’s happen? Sir Taufiq also laughed.
“I don’t know, I just think that Kediri is good to stay. There’re many people friendly there. And... I can’t dodge that I have many memorable moments there.
Then laughter came to Sir Taufiq’s lip again.
“Oh, but, when you go there, your boyfriend is already married.”
Some friends laughed. I laughed too. But, how can? How can my boyfriend will already married if now I don’t have any boyfriend. I just said that there are many memorable moments I have passed in Kediri. It doesn’t mean I have boyfriend in Kediri, isn’t it?
Oh, ok, back to how the class runs.
After we disscussed about our dream city. Sir Taufiq asked us to stand up by two lines. Then he instructed us to talk with someone besided us about “what your weaknesses in speaking English” I got  Cika as my partner speaking.
I told Cika that why speaking is difficult for me, it was caused by three things, first, I don’t have many vocabularies. Second, I less confidence when speak up in front of class or a crowded. Third, I less knowledge.
Every I reading a novel, I always found vocabulary I didn’t know, but if I still guessing, I didn’t try to find the translate in dictionary. So, my vocabulary is still bad. I am sure that almost all people feel nervous if they speak up in front of the class. And about knowledge, maybe I should increase my reading  to rise my knowledge.  But, hard to expanding reading interest. So, I hope this semester will be nice to me to increase my reading interest to make my speaking  better.


[Indonesian version]

Pertemuan kedua dengan Pak Taufiq Effendy di kelas speaking.
Halo teman-teman! Saya akan bercerita mengenai pengalaman saya tentang pertemuan kedua di kelas speaking bersama Pak Taufiq. Setelah saya bertemu beliau di pertemuan pertama, saya pikir pertemuan berikutnya akan lebih menarik. Dan itu benar! Pada pagi hari, saya mem-print apa yang saya dapat dari internet: artikel dengan 1000 kata tentang kota impian saya, Kediri. Saya benar-benar tidak tahu sebenarnya kenapa saya memilih kota itu. Saya pergi ke kampus pukul 7.15, kosan saya berada di sebelah kanan gedung kampus, jadi saya berjalan dengan santai. Adalah kesalahan saya, saya tidak membuka grup kelas yang menginformasikan bahwa PakTaufiq sudah datang sejak jam 7.10 dan saya baru membuka grup pada pukul  7.25  ketika saya sudah berada di balkon. Jadi saya mengetuk pintu dan membuka kelas dengan cepat. Untungnya hanya beberapa orang yang sudah berkelas dengan PakTaufiq. Mereka mendiskusikan kota impian mereka. Kemudian tibalah giliran saya, Pak Taufiq bertanya tentang kota impian saya.
"Siapa namamu?"
"Agustin Wahyuni." Saya menjawab.
"Apa kota impianmu?"
"Kediri."
Lalu tawa nyaring terdengar. Seperti yang saya bayangkan.
Mereka tertawa kepada saya karena kota impian saya sangat sederhana. Sementara siswa lain memilih Paris, Birmingham, atau Tokyo, sesimpel itu impian saya, saya hanya berharap KEDIRI sebagai kota impian. Kediri sangat berdekatan dengan Jombang, jadi saya bisa pergi ke sana setiap kali saya ingin. Saya mengerti mengapa mereka menertawakan saya.
“'Kenapa kamu memilih Kediri? Apa yang terjadi? Pak Taufiq juga tertawa.
“Saya tidak tahu, saya hanya memikirkan Kediri baik untuk tinggal. Ada banyak orang yang ramah di sana. Dan ... Saya tidak bisa mengelak bahwa saya memiliki banyak momen yang tak terlupakan di sana.
Kemudian tawa datang ke bibir Pak Taufiq lagi.
"Oh, tapi, kelak ketika kamu pergi ke sana lagi, pacarmu pasti sudah menikah."
Beberapa teman tertawa. Saya juga tertawa. Tapi bagaimana mungkin? Bagaimana pacarku akan menikah jika sekarang saja aku tidak punya pacar. Jhaaaaaaaaa.....
Saya hanya mengatakan bahwa ada banyak momen kenangan yang saya lewati di Kediri. Bukan berarti saya punya pacar di Kediri, bukan?
Oh, baiklah, kembali ke bagaimana kelas berjalan.
Setelah kami berdiskusi tentang kota impian kami. Sir Taufiq meminta kami berdiri dua baris. Kemudian dia menginstruksikan kami untuk berbicara dengan seseorang di sebelah kami tentang "apa kelemahan Anda dalam bahasa Inggris" Saya mendapat Cika sebagai mitra saya berbicara.
Saya memberi tahu Cika tentang kesulitan bagi saya, itu disebabkan oleh tiga hal, pertama, saya tidak punya banyak kata kosa. Kedua, saya kurang percaya diri saat berbicara di depan kelas atau keramaian. Ketiga, saya kurang pengetahuan.
Setiap saya membaca novel, saya selalu menemukan kata kosa yang tidak saya mengerti, tetapi jika saya masih menebak, saya tidak berusaha menemukan terjemahan dalam kamus. Jadi, kosa kata saya masih buruk. Saya yakin semua orang akan gugup jika mereka berbicara di depan kelas. Dan tentang pengetahuan, mungkin saya harus meningkatkan bacaan saya untuk meningkatkan pengetahuan saya. Tapi, minat baca memang sangat sulit berkembang. Jadi, saya berharap semester ini akan menyenangkan bagi saya untuk meningkatkan minat baca saya untuk membuat saya berbicara lebih baik.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Me and My Family

My name is Ivon Nurjannah, I am thirteen years old. I have 2 siblings, the oldest brother is Bahtiar, he just graduated from his school, he is twenty. And my sister is Septi, she is two years older than me and five years younger than my brother. Because my brother just graduated from his school, he always take me up to the school. He become more free after graduated and hasn't been accepted into any job. Sometimes, he also take my sister up to her school, but not as often as me because her school is near from home, closer than my school. Among three of us, my sister is the calmest , she never been upset to anyone in our house even I often tease her. Different with my sister, my brother is very nosy, sometimes he made me mad and it made my father more angry to us. My father is a farmer, he has three farm behind our home. Sometimes, my mother helps him to take care of our farms. When the farms entering the harvest period, we hold a mini event as a thanksgiving. At the even...

First Impression for Sir Taufik Class (Speaking Blogger #1)

"I finished my undergraduate when I was nine," "Oh, really? How miraculous you are! "You believe me? *laughing*"           Here I am, Agustin Wahyuni in fourth speaking class with a new lecturer. I don't know actually who is he. Is he a new lecturer or old lecture who has just doing some break. Because I never know himself about three semester lately. Thursday, March 14, I was being hurry to get classroom because when I arrived in class porch I saw my chief of class with someone dressed like a lecturer. He brought a stick for guided-walk, I wonder who is he. My speaking class should be with Mr. Alek, isn't it? I can not check my study program card because it has not approved yet.           For the opening, he asked us to rearrange the seat formation to became letter U formation. It was casual in speaking class. Since first class, he speak English fluently. I observed but he never spoke w...