Langsung ke konten utama

First Impression for Sir Taufik Class (Speaking Blogger #1)

"I finished my undergraduate when I was nine,"
"Oh, really? How miraculous you are!
"You believe me? *laughing*"

          Here I am, Agustin Wahyuni in fourth speaking class with a new lecturer. I don't know actually who is he. Is he a new lecturer or old lecture who has just doing some break. Because I never know himself about three semester lately. Thursday, March 14, I was being hurry to get classroom because when I arrived in class porch I saw my chief of class with someone dressed like a lecturer. He brought a stick for guided-walk, I wonder who is he. My speaking class should be with Mr. Alek, isn't it? I can not check my study program card because it has not approved yet.
          For the opening, he asked us to rearrange the seat formation to became letter U formation. It was casual in speaking class. Since first class, he speak English fluently. I observed but he never spoke with bahasa. Then, he made a rule for class. It a scary rule! (just for me?) He doesn't permitted everybody in class to speak in bahasa because it is speaking class. If he heard someone even whispering with bahasa, he would count until ten times. If whole class already spoke Indonesia ten times, he obliged us to write five thousand words story called novel. I was speechless because the previous class never have a rule to speak full English. At the time, I whispering almost soundless to speak to my friend if I got difficulties to use English. Aaaa, the atmosphere was like when I took English course, we never spoke Indonesia to avoid punishment.
          Oh My God, I forgot to mention the name of this lecture. Hahaha, but It's like when he attend in my class, he just introducing himself in the middle hours. He always make us thinking hardly with his statements and questions. Before he introducing himself, he asked to class,
“Who knows my name?”
Some of students answered, “Mr. Taufiq”
“Taufiq who?”
I looked at Nida, she answered “Taufik Hidayat”. Some of us answered it too without laughing. I thought that they were kidding, but no. But then Mr. Taufik laughing while answered,
“I’ve dressed like that, you all think I will play badminton?”
Then class laughing. And we just know that he is Taufiq Effendi, a part time lecture in our campus. After introducing, he asked us to write down questions in a piece of paper. First quiz would be hold! Buuuutt, the questions are made me mumbled “HAH?” frequently. Here the questions:

1.     What is the answer of question number 2?
2.     Why do you need to answer question number 1?
3.     Why do you do this test?

I can’t answer all of the questions. Mr. Taufiq just laugh and said that it was pilosophy questions.
          Oh ya, in the middle of the time, when he gave example to speak with friend,  he told about himself. He told that he got accident when he was kid. It made his eyes got trouble. But I see he still can see the class, he still can read and write something in board. I don’t know what the actually meaning of “tunanetra”, because he said like that, but he still does something with his eyes. He told that he finished his study abroad by schoolarship. He is wonderful and inspiring lecturer
          I speak to myself that this class would be fun, I will get more chance to learn to speak. I hope I could speak bravely in this class. I bored because I never brave to speak up in whatever class. I hope by Mr. Taufiq coming will make speaking class is fun and always be waiting thing.



 [INDONESIA]

“Saya lulus sarjana ketika saya berusia sembilan tahun,"
"Oh, benarkah? Bapak ajaib sekali!
"Kalian percaya itu? * Tertawa"

            Di sinilah saya, Agustin Wahyuni di kelas speaking keempat dengan dosen baru. Sebenarnya saya tidak tahu siapa dia. Apakah beliau dosen baru atau dosen lama yang baru selesai cuti. Karena saya belum pernah melihat beliau selama tiga semester belakangan ini. Kamis, 14 Maret, saya sedang terburu-buru masuk ruang kelas karena ketika saya tiba di teras kelas saya melihat ketua kelas saya bersama seseorang berpakaian seperti dosen. Beliau membawa sebuah tongkat seperti untuk penunjuk jalan , saya bertanya-tanya siapakah beliau. Kelas speaking kami harusnya dengan Pak Alek, bukan? Saya tidak dapat mengkroscek KRS saya karena belum disetujui oleh dosen PA.
            Untuk pembukaan, beliau meminta kami untuk mengubah formasi kursi menjadi formasi huruf U. Hal yang biasa terjadi di kelas speaking. Sejak pertama kelas dimulai, beliau fasih berbahasa Inggris. Saya mengamati tetapi dia tidak pernah berbicara dengan bahasa Indonesia. Kemudian, dia membuat aturan untuk kelas. Itu aturan yang menakutkan! (atau menurutku saja?) Dia tidak mengizinkan semua orang di kelas untuk berbicara bahasa Indonesia karena kita sedang berada di mata kuliah speaking. Jika beliau mendengar seseorang yang bahkan berbisik menggunakan bahasa Indonesia, dia akan menghitung sampai sepuluh kali. Jika seluruh kelas sudah berbicara bahasa Indonesia sepuluh kali, dia mewajibkan kami untuk menulis novel lima ribu kata. Saya terdiam karena kelas sebelumnya tidak pernah memiliki aturan untuk berbicara bahasa Inggris sepenuhnya seperti ini. Saat itu, saya berbisik hampir tanpa suara untuk berbicara dengan teman saya ketika saya kesulitan menggunakan bahasa Inggris. Aaaa, suasananya seperti ketika saya mengambil kursus bahasa Inggris dulu, kami tidak pernah berbicara bahasa Indonesia untuk menghindari hukuman.
            Ya Tuhan, saya lupa menyebutkan nama dosen ini. Hahaha, tapi itulah yang beliau lakukan di kelas. Beliau baru memperkenalkan diri ketika kelas sudah berjalan satu jam. Dia selalu membuat kita sulit berpikir dengan pernyataan dan pertanyaannya yang Masya Allah. Sebelum dia memperkenalkan dirinya, dia bertanya kepada kami,
"Siapa yang tahu nama saya?"
Beberapa siswa menjawab, “Pak Taufiq ”
"Taufiq siapa?"
Saya memandangi Nida, dia menjawab "Taufik Hidayat". Beberapa teman yang lain juga menjawab seperti itu tanpa tertawa. Saya pikir mereka bercanda, tetapi ternyata tidak. Tapi kemudian Pak Taufik tertawa sambil menjawab,
"Aku sudah berpakaian seperti ini (baju batik dan celana bahan, juga sepatu kulit), kalian semua berpikir saya mau bermain bulu tangkis?"
Kemudian seisi kelas tertawa. Dan kita baru tahu bahwa dia adalah Taufiq Effendi, seorang dosen paruh waktu di kampus kami. Setelah perkenalan, dia meminta kami untuk menuliskan pertanyaan di selembar kertas. Kuis pertama akan diadakan! Tapiiiiiiii pertanyaannya membuatku terus melontarkan kata "HAH?" Inilah pertanyaannya:

1. Apa jawaban dari pertanyaan nomor 2?
2. Mengapa Anda perlu menjawab pertanyaan nomor 1?
3. Mengapa Anda melakukan tes ini?

            Saya tidak bisa menjawab semua pertanyaan. Pak Taufik hanya tertawa dan mengatakan bahwa pertanyaan-pertanyaan itu adalah pertanyaan filosofi.
            Oh ya, di tengah-tengah waktu pengajaran, ketika beliau memberi contoh untuk praktik speaking dengan teman, beliau bercerita tentang dirinya sendiri. Beliau mengatakan bahwa dia mengalami kecelakaan ketika beliau masih kecil. Itu membuat matanya bermasalah. Tapi saya melihat beliau masih bisa melihat situasi kelas, masih bisa membaca dan menulis sesuatu di papan tulis. Saya tidak tahu apa arti sebenarnya dari "tunanetra", karena beliauberkata seperti itu, tetapi beliau masih melakukan sesuatu dengan matanya. Beliau mengatakan bahwa beliau menyelesaikan studi masternya di luar negeri dengan beasiswa. Beliau adalah dosen yang luar biasa dan menginspirasi
            Saya berkata dalam hati bahwa kelas ini akan menyenangkan, saya akan mendapat lebih banyak kesempatan untuk belajar berbicara. Saya harap saya bisa berbicara dengan berani di kelas ini. Saya bosan karena saya tidak pernah berani berbicara di kelas apa pun. Saya berharap dengan kedatangan Bapak Taufiq akan membuat kelas speaking ini begitu menyenangkan dan selalu menjadi mata kuliah yang ditunggu-tunggu.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Me and My Family

My name is Ivon Nurjannah, I am thirteen years old. I have 2 siblings, the oldest brother is Bahtiar, he just graduated from his school, he is twenty. And my sister is Septi, she is two years older than me and five years younger than my brother. Because my brother just graduated from his school, he always take me up to the school. He become more free after graduated and hasn't been accepted into any job. Sometimes, he also take my sister up to her school, but not as often as me because her school is near from home, closer than my school. Among three of us, my sister is the calmest , she never been upset to anyone in our house even I often tease her. Different with my sister, my brother is very nosy, sometimes he made me mad and it made my father more angry to us. My father is a farmer, he has three farm behind our home. Sometimes, my mother helps him to take care of our farms. When the farms entering the harvest period, we hold a mini event as a thanksgiving. At the even...

What's Your Dream City?

 "Kediri." I answered. "HAHAHAHA" loud laughter sounded. Second meeting with Sir Taufiq Effendy in speaking class was talked about our dream city. Hello, fellas! I’m gonna share my experience about second meeting in speaking class with Mr. Taufiq. After I passed the first meeting, I thought that the next meeting would be more exciting. And it was true! On Thusrday morning, I printed out what I found from the internet: an article with 1000 words about my dream city, Kediri. I really don’t know why I chose that city. I went to campus at 7.15, my boarding house is beside campus buildings, so I walked slowly. Was my fault, I didn’t check class group, it informed that Sir Taufiq already came at 7.10 and I just knew at 7.25when I was already in the balcon. So I knock the door and entered the class quicly. Fortunately, just some people already in class with Sir Taufiq. They’re disscussing their dream city while I entering the room. Then came my turn, Mr. Taufiq ...